Tip #1 – LAY OFF THE SUGAR!  This may sound impossible, but it is not. I know…I am a recovering sugar addict!  In the following weeks I will share 15 tips that will help you naturally reduce your sugar intake.

We need to avoid or limit sweetened coffee drinks, Mochas, Fraps, candy, cookies, and most desserts because cravings come from foods that we have recently eaten.  After one sip or bite, your body will want more. Do you notice around the holidays your cravings for sweets increase after having more desserts than usual?

Seek out low-sugar or healthier alternatives such as 70 percent (or higher) dark chocolate versus milk chocolate.  My favorite is the 85 percent dark chocolate bars.  Eat and enjoy a square every day.

Sugar is okay in small quantities, but most of us tend to have too much…and much of it comes in the form of “sneaky sugar”, foods we do not suspect have sugar. More on that later.

A great rule of thumb is to eat healthy nutrient-dense foods 80 percent of the time, then when you go out to eat or eat at a party, indulge for the other 20 percent.  I have adopted the 90/10 rule myself! We are all unique and you need to figure out what works best for you.  I have clients that eat 100 percent healthy Monday-Friday and then are more relaxed on the weekends.  Part of “one-on-one” health coaching is figuring out what is the best solution for each individual.

I look forward to sharing more tips to kicking the sugar habit in the coming weeks…stay tuned!

Treat Yourself Well!

BE THE FIRST TO KNOW

Get easy and healthy recipes, health tips, promotions and more!

You have Successfully Subscribed!