Quick, easy, and perfect for a cold winters night.
- 1 tablespoon Oil (walnut, avocado, olive)
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped or minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup tomato, diced (fresh or canned)
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable) or water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: avocado and/or cilantro for topping
- Heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté onions until browning begins, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, and bell pepper and cook until slightly softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, black beans, water or broth, and chili powder. Bring soup to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover with lid and let simmer until soup thickens, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
Treat Yourself Well!