Excellent as a side dish to your favorite protein. Get ready to fight for the left overs!
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, seeded, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces dried penne noodles
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 cups peas
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese – OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss squash in bowl and toss with oil, pour out on baking dish/pan. Roast uncovered for 30 minutes, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package instructions. Set aside.
- in skillet, melt coconut oil and add in shallots and garlic. Cook and stir over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, until shallots are tender. Stir in lemon juice.
- Add noodles and squash together, spoon in shallot mixture, add bread crumbs, peas and parsley. Mix well.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.