This is a super easy and it’s super delicious using Delicata squash versus potatoes. Certainly your choice!
- 4 (6-ounce) baking potatoes OR 3 medium Delicata squash
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups corn, frozen or canned
- 1 1/2 cups salsa or Pico de Gallo (substitute one large tomato)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro – OPTIONAL
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese – OPTIONAL
- Pierce potatoes with fork and microwave on high for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes. If using squash, cut Delicata in half lengthwise, remove seeds and pulp. place cut ends together, wrap in paper towel or wax paper and microwave for 8 minutes each. Or prepare either potato or squash same and wrap in foil to bake in oven at 350 degrees, baking for about 60 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat and add in oil. Sauté onions for approximately 5 minutes, add in garlic and spices sauté for another 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
- Add beans, corn, and salsa to skillet and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise and push ends of potato together to split open (like a boat). Fluff inside the potato with a fork. Spoon 1 cup of mixture over opening of each potato. Top with optional garnish. If using Squash, it will be already scooped out and ready to fill when baking is complete.
Treat Yourself Well!