Perfect start for fall and winter mornings when our bodies crave a heartier meal.
- 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 cup water
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup milk of your choice
- toppings and add-ins
- seeds and/or chopped nuts
- Fresh or dried fruit
- honey or maple syrup to sweeten
- Bee pollen
- spices…cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, ginger
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Gently stir in the oats. If the water starts to bubble over, reduce the heat further.
- Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the dash of salt, and scrap the oatmeal into a bowl.
- Float the milk across the top and add your favorite add-in and toppings.
NOTE: Difference between Old fashioned oats and quick oats is that quick oats are grinded up a bit. To do this I use a coffee grinder or food processor. Place whole oats in grinder, lightly process, DO NOT over grind to powdered substance.