Very versatile salad. Make a large batch to use as add in to your leafy green salads. Omit bacon for non meat eaters.
- 1 pound fresh French beans, cut into 1 – 1 1/2″ pieces, stems removed
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, woody ends removed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- bacon, cooked and chopped
- Optional: 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into quarters
- Optional: 1/2 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Optional: cubed tofu
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill a large pot with water. Bring to boil, add beans and asparagus. Return to boil, lower heat and simmer, about 2-4 minutes until vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Drain and refresh under cold water. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and oil until smooth. Season to taste. Set aside.
- Transfer cooled vegetables to serving bowl. Sprinkle with shallot, chives, bacon, and any of the add in ingredients.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and top with eggs.
Treat Yourself Well!